Monday, June 25, 2012

Yes to Blueberries Brightening Facial Towelettes - A Review

Very rarely does a product come along that I loathe. I have maybe encountered two products in my adulthood that I could not find one redeeming quality with. Sadly, Yes to Blueberries Brightening Facial Towelettes can now be added to that short list.

Since this review is negative, I will keep it short. Basically, this product not only failed to remove virtually any of my makeup, but it left a thick film on my face. It made me feel sweaty and unclean - to the point where I then vigorously scrubbed my face an hour later to get rid of the feeling. On top of that, the towelettes had a very strong smell that reminded me of lotion that has turned. It was a metallic smell. Perhaps you know the scent I am talking about. To make matters worse, they stung my eyes like crazy (and I don't have sensitive eyes) and didn't remove any of my basic mascara - the mascara that if you get wet in any capacity washes right off. In short, these towelettes not only failed miserably for me, but they hurt my skin and were a terrible experience. 

Normally, when I review a product that didn't work for me, I try to think of other people the product might work for. The only redeeming value of these towelettes is that they are large. They didn't brighten my skin or really do anything positive. Perhaps I got a bad batch. I received these as being an elite reviewer on the Total Beauty Community. I did contact Total Beauty and let them know that I might have gotten a bad batch. The first few towelettes were dry and smelled odd, so perhaps there was something wrong with my pack. That being said, this leaves me wondering about quality control...So, I will leave it up to you, dear readers. Has anyone tried these and like them? I want to know if I am the only one who has had a negative experience. 

Stay beautiful! 
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...